Verdicts and Settlements
The personal injury law firm of Doran & Murphy, PLLC, works with clients
to reach successful verdicts and settlements in cases for serious injury
and wrongful death.
Many of our recent settlements are confidential and cannot be disclosed. However, a representative sample of some of our trial court cases and settlements
follows below. To find out more about our law practice and court record,
please contact us at 800.374.2144 or complete our convenient contact form.
Cancer, Asbestos and Diesel Fume Exposure Settlements and Verdicts
$15,250,000 – Verdict awarded for the family of a worker who died of
Confidential Amount – Settlement for railroad conductor with
Confidential Amount – Settlement for railroad electrician with
Confidential Amount – Settlement for railroad track worker with
- $1,500,000 – Award for railroad worker suffering from mesothelioma.
- $1,000,000 – An engineer diagnosed with aggressive lung cancer was
granted a confidential settlement amount in excess of this amount.
- $872,000 – A 79 year old Ohio engineer and former smoker received
this verdict when a jury found the railroad’s violation of federal
regulations was a major contributing factor to his throat cancer and chronic
- $750,000 – A former conductor, retired twelve years prior to his
death and residing in Arizona, was granted this settlement for lung cancer.
Personal Injury Settlements and Verdicts
- $6,500,000 – A construction worker who fell while erecting structural steel.
- $5,250,000 – A wrongful death settlement in a passenger train derailment.
- $3,700,000 – Wrongful death settlement
- $2,900,000 – A worker who was struck by a falling object.
- $1,800,000 – A brakeman suffered from occupational-related hearing
loss was awarded this figure by a jury verdict in Portsmouth, Virginia.
- $1,294,000 – Jury verdict for 50 year old freight conductor who suffered
a non-operated herniated lumbar disc, after falling from an elevated snow
bank during an air brake inspection.
- $1,004,000 – A machinist who suffered a knee injury after a two-foot
wrench fell on him received this jury verdict.
- $987,000 – A Pennsylvania conductor received this settlement for
low back injuries sustained while setting a handbrake on a railroad car.
- $950,000 – A wrongful death case for an automobile accident.
$875,000 – Ohio engineer who sustained a mild closed head injury during a
train derailment in Erie, Pennsylvania was awarded this settlement by jury verdict.
- $750,000 – A 60 year old railroad conductor who tore both rotator
cuffs while attempting to release a handbrake received this settlement
one day before jury selection.
- $750,000 – A locomotive engineer who sustained soft tissue cervical
injuries, after a gondola car struck his locomotive cab was awarded this
- $650,000 – Conductor who sustained knee injuries after slipping on
iron ore pellets in a railroad yard.
- $646,000 – Jury verdict for conductor with injured back from motor
- $600,000 – Conductor who sustained shoulder injuries after falling
on oil on locomotive stairs was awarded this settlement.
- $500,000 – Conductor who sustained knee injuries in an accident on
a locomotive received this figure.
The landscape of asbestos litigation has changed drastically as a result
of a number of bankruptcies. These changes make it more important than
ever that asbestos victims choose a law firm experienced in asbestos verdicts,
asbestos fund settlement recovery. Doran & Murphy is a highly seasoned law firm with attorneys who have
experience in wrongful death settlements and personal injury settlements
of all kinds. We work for the most successful verdict for our clients.
We are only successful if our client is happy with the results of his case.
here to see some of our clients' testimonials.
If you are facing a personal injury legal issue and need help, please contact
us for a free initial consultation. Call us toll free at 800.374.2144,
or complete our contact form to the right.