Facts about Cancer from Asbestos
- Rare form of cancer affecting the mesothelium, the cellular lining of major organs
- Can show up in the lungs, the heart, the area around the heart, or the lining of the abdominal cavity
- The only known cause is asbestos
- Smoking does not cause mesothelioma
Industrial, construction, and railroad workers were commonly exposed to
Mesothelioma can occur many years after
- Family and people sharing a household with a worker who has been exposed to asbestos have also been diagnosed with mesothelioma
- There are treatment options to improve quality of life
- Symptoms include: shortness of breath, wheezing, pain, coughing, hoarseness, fatigue, weight loss, and coughing up blood
- Diagnosis can be difficult because it shares symptoms with many other disorders
- Medical tests may be needed to diagnose mesothelioma, such as an X-ray, CT scan, and biopsy
Websites with Mesothelioma Information
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma, the law is on your side and the caring staff of Doran & Murphy can utilize the legal system to get you the aid you deserve.
To contact a qualified personal injury attorney, contact toll-free 800-374-2144 or use the convenient web contact form.